The Quay and Saturday Market Place are some of King’s Lynn’s best historical attributes and this needs flaunting. It would be fantastic if this area became the central point of King’s Lynn. Here are my suggestion points:
– How about making the NCP car park less of an eye-sore?
– Perhaps we need to think about encouraging more small businesses to the area?
– How about a more ‘cafe-culture’ scene (just as the Rathskeller and Marriott’s Warehouse offer) for Pizza Express, Waffleopolis, the Smiths Bakery etc?
– a weekly farmer’s market as opposed to monthly?
– many more community events (perhaps free guided walks covering the historical features of the area? Signposted trails for allowing visitors to follow a walking route around the town? Monthly photo competitions where entrants have specific local criteria to fill with local business prizes on offer? Charity events? Lord Mayor’s parade? An annual regatta? Local business week? Community BBQs? Evening events at the waterside?)
⚠ Do you think this suggestion or one of the comments below breach our Moderation Policy?
Request a moderator to review this