• Carry out environmental improvements to Britannia Park as an amenity for residents. Relatively few updates have been made since park opening in 1932 compared with other parks in the local authority.
• Create a Register of important local buildings and features of historic interest. A register was proposed by the local authority around ten years ago, but nothing was ever done in this town.
• Ensure that mature trees and woodland are fully recorded, preserved and not lost. Many trees subject to Trees Preservation Orders (TPOs) have been lost and not replaced by young tree planting. The current TPO register is outdated.
• Enhance and preserve the Rowley Hills as an open space green amenity.
• Consider creating a central town feature with something unique to Rowley Regis. This could use the famous “Rowley Rag” dolerite rock – perhaps using some of the many large natural boulders available around the Rowley Hills and old quarries.
⚠ Do you think this suggestion or one of the comments below breach our Moderation Policy?
Request a moderator to review this