• Create new passenger platforms close to Virginia St /Central 12;
• extend the current Merseyrail service to Meols Cop (at least!);
• redevelop 15-20 acres of railway (& private) land bounded by Chapel St, Tulketh Street and London Road, including
• high quality, low rise housing,
• an alternative route diverting traffic off Lord St and
• a new public transport hub; plus
• create a showcase for driverless e-vehicles carrying visitors from the new rail station to town centre and seafront attractions.
This proposed use of £25 million Town Deal funding will, of course, be only part of the necessary funding. It will ‘kick start’ private sector investment necessary to re-orientate and revitalize Lord Street (where it seems, redundant retail floorspace is a problem private sector owners need encouragement and confidence to correct through private expenditure).
This proposal will release valuable town centre land. That value should be captured and employed in general redevelopment.
Request a moderator to review this