1. Sort out litter and dog fouling- a huge blight on our town. Massive litter clean up of the entire town and environs. Follow up with more regular street cleaning and installation of a greater number of bins with up-kept supply of dog mess bags
2. Re-open the town’s best asset – the West Beach. This will boost visitor numbers to the town. If we have already done 1, then they will keep coming back for more
3. The town centre is an embarrassment and should be abandoned as a lost cause. It would be better to use this land for housing. Develop the areas on the other side of the river where there are shops that people use and move all the town’s retail to East side and to Fort Road where there is more footfall
4. Throw resources into the development of Egrets Way to create a beautiful usable cycle link with Lewes
5. Create a town USP for example, a huge statue standing over the mouth of the Ouse – could be similar to this: https://www.artofvfx.com/game-of-thrones-the-titan-of-braavos/
⚠ Do you think this suggestion or one of the comments below breach our Moderation Policy?
Request a moderator to review this